Touchdown Dance at the Freesummer at the South Bank, Royal Festival Hall Ballroom. Information from London Dance.
All in the RFH Ballroom
- Mon 12-Fri 16 Aug, 3.15-4pm. Work in Progress presentation and meet the artists and Julyen Hamilton -choreographer.
- Mon 12-Thu 15 Aug, 11am-12noon. RFH Sensations. For children aged 7-12yrs. Work with a member of Touchdown Dance, exploring the Royal Festival Hall through touch and movement.
- Mon 12, Wed 14 Aug, 1.30-3pm. Contact Improvisation Workshop. For sighted and visually impaired participants of all ages.
- Tue 13, Thu 15 Aug, 1.30-3pm. Community Project Rehearsal. A group of young visually impaired dancers from London who have been working with Touchdown show their work in progress.
- Wed 14-Fri 16 Aug, 10am-12.30pm. Rehearsals. See how the piece develops throughout the week.
- Tue 13 Aug 4-6pm Voice Box (RFH Level 5). Touch – A Tool in Teaching or a Touchy Subject?. A chance for dance professionals and teachers to discuss issues around the use of touch to communicate movement.
Flyer “A debate on the use of touch to communicated and develop relationships in teaching and delivering the arts. With speakers from The Tate Modern, (Caro Howell Curator; Special Projects) Touchdown Dance (Katy Dymoke) and Roehampton University (Natalie Garrett). Please come and have your say or just absorb.
Classes / Talks
- Wed 14 Aug 4-6pm, RFH Hothouse. Dance and Touch Communication. A class for dance professionals exploring methods and techniques for teaching integrated groups.
- Fri 16 Aug 3.15-4pm, RFH Ballroom. Meet the Artists. A chance to meet members of the company and chat to them about their newly created work for the Ballroom.
- Fri 16 Aug 3-4.30pm, RFH Level 5. Voice Box. A presentation by The Place and Touchdown Dance on performance in integrated settings.
- Fri 16 Aug, 1pm and 5.30pm, RFH Ballroom. Touchdown Dance perform their new work created especially for the Ballroom.
- Mon 12 – Fri 16, Aug RFH Ballroom. “Blind Alphabet C”, an installation of tactile sculptures from Art-sense - by Willem Boschoff. Each sculpture is held in the hands and explained by a Blind or visually impaired guide.
- Tue 13-Thu 15 Aug, 12.30 – 1.30pm RFH Ballroom. Art-sense Guided Tours. A chance to explore the Art-sense tactile exhibition with a guide.